Marqeta is rewriting the rules for what’s possible with payment cards. With the most advanced infrastructure and tools for building highly configurable payment cards, Marqeta’s open API platform is designed for developers who want a simplified way of managing payment programs so they can design world-class experiences, innovate, and power new modes of commerce.
Your submission must be one of the following:
- An app (front end and back end) for businesses and/or consumers that demonstrates use-case-specific functionality and integrates with the Marqeta platform’s modern payments API.
- A use-case-specific SDK (that must go beyond wrapping existing endpoints) that makes it easier for developers to build integrations with the Marqeta platform.
Your submission must focus on one of the following use cases:
- Digital banking
- Expense management
To get started, create a sandbox on the Marqeta platform, where you can build the resources required to support simulated accounts, cards, funds, and transactions.
Open to U.S. residents, except residents of Arizona, that are the age of majority prior to the Contest Entry Period.
The following individuals are not eligible: Marqeta employees, contractors, customers, directors and officers of Marqeta and Devpost, Inc., and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest collectively, (“Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each.
- Submissions must use a Marqeta platform sandbox environment and API.
- Submissions must use the MIT License.
- Submissions must be hosted on GitHub and include an introduction and/or readme file with a description. For app submissions, please include photos or video in your description.
- If a participant's submission contains any work built prior to the hackathon, the participant must mention this in their submission package. This may affect eligibility.
$2,250 in prizes
Win a $1,000 gift card, provided by GiftRocket!
Win a $500 gift card, provided by GiftRocket!
Win a $250 gift card, provided by GiftRocket!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Senior Product Designer
Lead Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
How closely does the submission’s concept and execution align with Marqeta’s business goals?
How far does the submission push the capabilities of the Marqeta platform?
Execution and readiness
How ready is the submission to be used in a production environment?