Marqeta Hackathon – Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to U.S. residents, except residents of Arizona, that are the age of majority prior to the Contest Entry Period. The following individuals are not eligible: Marqeta employees, contractors, customers, directors and officers of Marqeta and Devpost, Inc., and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest collectively, (“Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each.
2. TO ENTER: Build your submission using the Marqeta platform to innovate, simplify, or reimagine the following payments domains:
• Digital banking
• Retail aggregation
The submission can be an app (front end + back end), or SDK, where the SDK must include more than wrapping the API.
Teams of up to five may enter one (1) submission through completion of the following process between 09:00 am PT on March 27, 2020 and 11:59:59 pm PT on May 1, 2020 (“Contest Entry Period”). Each individual, including each team member, may only enter a single submission whether alone or on a team (individuals and teams are referred to as “Entrant,” “Entrants,” “You,” or “Your”). Once entered, you or your team will be considered for the Marqeta Hackathon Contest (the “Contest”). Contest Parties are not responsible for resolving any disputes between team members.
You must complete both of the following steps:
• Step Two: submit your Submission at https://marqetahackathon.devpost.com, including complete entries for the following information:
- Name, age, and state or residency for each team member;
- Contact information for each team member;
- If any Submission content was created prior to the Contest Entry Period, it must be noted and explained.
If you do not complete each step, your Submission will not be entered into the Contest and will not be eligible for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for failure to complete each step of the entry process in a timely fashion. Entry must be completed by 11:59:59 pm ET on May 22, 2020, or your Submission will not be entered into the Contest.
3. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: As conditions of entry into this Contest and by entering a Submission, Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission (a) is original and has been legally created; (b) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (c) has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) has not been published or distributed previously in any media. Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights, or has the right to use, his/her Submission, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the recording code contained therein. By uploading a Submission, Entrant hereby assigns to Sponsor, to the fullest extent possible (as applicable), all Submissions in their entirety, including, but not limited to, intellectual property, including (i) patents, including without limitation all systems and processes, including belief propagation systems; (ii) copyrights, including without limitation all application program interfaces; and (iii) all other forms of intellectual property, right, title, source code, and methodologies without further consideration. Consistent with the foregoing, Marqeta may use any and all Submissions on Marqeta's platform (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion), as well as Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of the submission, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of the Submission or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnities”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for (x) intellectual property infringement or misappropriation; (y) violation of an individuals right of publicity or right of privacy; (z) or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any submission.
4. SELECTION OF CONTESTANTS:
• Judging Period: 09:00 am PT on May 25, 2020 and 05:00 pm PT on May 29, 2020.
• Judges: Submissions will be judged by Marqeta employees who will evaluate each eligible submission based on the following:
- Business value (10pts) – 20%
- Execution and readiness (20pts) – 40%
- Marqeta platform innovation (20pts) – 40%
• ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: $1,000.00 USD
• ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE: $500.00 USD
• THREE (3) THIRD PRIZES: $250.00 USD
Prizes will be paid using a prepaid debit card of Sponsor’s choosing. No substitutions (including for cash) of prizes are permitted.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Winners shall sign additional documents, as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, Sponsor, or Contest Parties; (b) violating these Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require a prize winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Marqeta platform in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Marqeta platform; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Marqeta Platform. Use of Marqeta Platform is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, or use of the Marqeta platform. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California.
8. No Offer of Employment: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a Submission into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Official Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment and/or an independent contractor relationship with either Sponsor, or the Contest Parties. You acknowledge that you have submitted your Submission voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Sponsor or the Contract Parties and that no such relationship is established by your submission of a Submission under these Official Rules.
9. Sponsor: Marqeta, Inc. (“Marqeta”)